Prime Video Reveals Official Key Art, First-Look Images, Trailer and Premiere Date for Coming-of-Age Sci-Fi Series
All eight episodes, based on the comics by Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang,
will premiere July 29 on Prime Video
CULVER CITY, California—June 9, 2022—Today, Prime Video released the official first-look images and premiere date for the upcoming sci-fi adventure series Paper Girls, starring Camryn Jones, Riley Lai Nelet, Sofia Rosinsky, and Fina Strazza, based on the comics written by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Cliff Chiang. All eight episodes of the first season will premiere exclusively on Prime Video on July 29 in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
In the early morning hours after Halloween 1988, four paper girls—Erin, Mac, Tiffany, and KJ—are out on their delivery route when they become caught in the crossfire between warring time-travelers, changing the course of their lives forever. Transported into the future, these girls must figure out a way to get back home to the past, a journey that will bring them face-to-face with the grown-up versions of themselves. While reconciling that their futures are far different than their 12-year-old selves imagined, they are being hunted by a militant faction of time-travelers known as the Old Watch, who have outlawed time travel so that they can stay in power. In order to survive, the girls will need to overcome their differences and learn to trust each other, and themselves.
Based on the best-selling graphic novels written by Brian K. Vaughan, Paper Girls is a high-stakes personal journey depicted through the eyes of four girls, played by breakout leads Camryn Jones as Tiffany Quilkin, Riley Lai Nelet as Erin Tieng, Sofia Rosinsky as Mac Coyle, and Fina Strazza as KJ Brandman. Ali Wong also stars as the grown-up version of Erin, with Nate Corddry as Larry, and Adina Porter as Prioress.
“As fans of the comic already know, this story seamlessly interweaves deeply personal character drama with the kind of high adventure and action that is truly rare on the small screen,” said Christopher C. Rogers, Executive Producer and showrunner. “That said, this show is for everyone (even those who’ve never picked up a comic book!) who has ever wondered what it would be like to meet themselves at a different stage of life — to compare what you know now with what you thought you knew then… It’s been a genuine thrill to get to play in Brian and Cliff’s world, and I’m humbled to have worked alongside this incredibly special group of artists and collaborators to bring it to life.”
“I love this show!” said Brian K. Vaughan. “The extraordinary cast feels ripped from the pages of our comic. And whether you’ve read every issue of Paper Girls or are just starting the ride here, there will be huge surprises in store for you this epic first season.”
Ali Wong added, “I am so excited for viewers to discover the incredible young leads of Paper Girls, my co-stars Riley Lai Nelet, Camryn Jones, Sofia Rosinsky, and Fina Strazza. Riley and I get to play ‘Erin’ in different decades, and our collaborations in crafting this character together could not have been more fun.”
Paper Girls is from Amazon Studios and Legendary Television, in association with Plan B. The series is executive produced by Christopher C. Rogers, Stephany Folsom, Christopher Cantwell, Brian K. Vaughan, Cliff Chiang, Steven Prinz, and Plan B. The series was created for television by Folsom. Season One is directed by Mairzee Almas, Georgi Banks-Davies, Destiny Ekaragha, and Karen Gaviola.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports—all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including Emmy-winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Emmy-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, and the smash hits Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls, Harlem, Reacher, Hotel Transylvania: Transformania, The Tender Bar, Being the Ricardos, The Tomorrow War, and Coming 2 America. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like discovery+, Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, ultrafast grocery delivery and pickup, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, prescription savings, and access to ad-free music, books, and games. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.